Services | Safety
| Booking and payements
| Refunds Policy - Cancellation Charges
| Extent of Terms and Conditions
Scope of services
- The company will provide a guide to the customer for the purposes of leading the customer on one of the guided walks offered by the company
- The services of the guide will include giving the walker/s details about the flora / fauna and history of the area being walked around as deemed relevant by the Guide
- The price of the guided walks includes the services of the guide for the duration of the walk only, unless stated otherwise.
- The guide will meet the walkers at the commencement point of the walk unless agreed by prior arrangement. It is the sole responsibility of the Walkers to ensure they arrive at the commencement point of the walk in good time for the walk to start at the agreed time. The guide will be present at the agreed commencement point for the walk at least 10 minutes before the starting time.
- The guide will wait at the agreed commencement point for a maximum of 30 minutes after the agreed starting time to facilitate the late arrival of the walkers should that occur. In the event that the walkers do not arrive within 30 minutes of the agreed starting time of the walk, the guide will leave and the walk will be deemed to be cancelled with immediate effect.
- The walkers have access to the mobile phone number of the guide and it is the walkers sole responsibility to contact the guide to advise if they have been unavoidably delayed such that they will not be at the agreed commencement point in time for the walk to commence at the agreed time.
- In the event that the walkers arrive late for the commencement of the walk, the guide reserves sole right to reduce the length of the walk by the amount of time the walkers are late in arriving for the commencement of the walk.
- In the event that the walkers request that the guide meet them at a location other than the usual location chosen by the company for the commencement of the walk the walkers/s will incur an additional charge which will vary depending on the circumstances of the request.
- The price quoted by the company for the guided walking tours includes the services of the guide from the time the walk is due to commence at the agreed location and the agreed commencement time to the time the walk finishes at such time as is determined by the guide in accordance with these terms and conditions. Bus/train fares where applicable are included.
- Group rates are available for groups of walkers of between 8-12 people.
- Walkers walk at their own risk. It is the sole responsibility of the walker to ensure that they have the requisite level of fitness to take part in the walk. The walks provided by the company require an average level of fitness. Most of them include some uphill walking.
- In the event that at the commencement of the walk the guide believes, that having regard to the nature of the walk chosen and the apparent ability of some or all of the walkers to complete the chosen walk within the time set out, the guide reserves the right to change the walk and to shorten it (or simplify it) as the guide deems appropriate in the circumstances
- Every care is taken to ensure the walkers’ safety on the walks but there are always risks involved in outdoors activities. The company can take no liability for accident or injury which may occur on the walk.
- Walkers with any relevant medical conditions should inform the guide prior to the walk.
- It is the walkers responsibility to have their own medical insurance in place
- Walks take place in every weather condition and it is therefore the responsibility of the walkers to ensure that they have the necessary appropriate clothing for the prevailing conditions. The company reserves the right to shorten or cancel the walk in the event that the walkers turn up for the commencement of the walk in clothing / footwear that the guide deems to be inappropriate for the prevailing conditions or for the walk chosen.
- Walks will only be cancelled in the interest of safety. The company reserves the right for the guide to alter the duration of the walk or the route of the walk, even once the walk has commenced, in the interest of safety if in the judgment of the guide at that time such changes are appropriate.
- Walkers are advised that the weather in Ireland can change quickly and frequently and it cannot be assumed that the prevailing conditions at the commencement of the walk will endure for the duration of the walk. Walkers therefore have to take responsibility for making provision for the possibility of changing conditions and dress accordingly. During the walk the guide will facilitate such rest periods as are deemed necessary having regard to the length of the walk and the ability of the walkers. The duration of the rest periods (may vary from time to time and) will be determined solely at the discretion of the guide having regard to the nature of the walk and the anticipated duration thereof.
- It is the responsibility of the walkers to ensure that they carry with them whatever personal belongings they wish to bring on the walk. The company does not provide any service for the carrying of personal belongings of the walkers.
- It is the walkers’ responsibility to bring with them any food / drink they wish to have with them for the walk. The company does not provide any food / drink to walkers during the walk.
- Clothing and footwear Walkers should wear suitable clothing for walking and have warm and waterproof clothes in their bag.
- Footwear should be sturdy (preferably trekking shoes).
- The company retains the right to refuse a walker on a walk if it deems footwear and/or clothing unsafe.
Bookings and payments
- Walkers must pay the full cost of the walk at the time of booking. The agreement between the company and the walker/s will only become effective once payment has been received. Once payment has been received from the walker, the company will issue a confirmation e-mail to the walker confirming the details of the walk.
- In the event that the full cost of the walk is not received by the company at the time of booking no agreement will be deemed to be in existence between the company and the walkers and the company will not be deemed to have entered into any agreement for the provision of services to any walker.
- For group bookings of between 8 and 12 people, a deposit of 20% of the total cost of the walk must be paid at the time of booking. The balance is due 2 weeks before departure. In the event that the payment of the balance is not received two weeks before the date of the walk the deposit paid will be forfeited and the walk will be deemed to be cancelled.
- In respect of any bookings for tours that include accommodation, a deposit of 20% of the total cost of the tour (per person) must be paid at the time of booking. The Balance of the total cost is due one month before the commencement date of the tour. In the event that the payment of the balance of the total amount due is not received a month before the date of the tour, the deposit paid will be forfeited and the tour will be deemed to be cancelled.
Refunds Policy - Cancellation Charges
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- For payment made by credit/debit card, in the event of any refund being payable, the amount is credited back to the same credit/debit card account.
- Walkers have the right to cancel their walk at any time. In the event that the walker cancels the walk more than three weeks in advance of the due date for the walk, the company will refund the entire fee paid by the walker less any administration charges incurred.
- In the event that the walker/s cancel the walk within three weeks of the due date for the walk the following deductions will be made from the fee paid to the company.
21 days to 16 days before walk/start of tour 20% of walk/tour price
15 days to 11 days before walk/start of tour 40% of walk/tour price
10 days to 5 days before walk/ start of tour 60% of walk/tour price
Less than 5 days before start of tour NO REFUND will be made
- In respect of any tour which includes overnight accommodation the Walker has the right to cancel the tour at any time up to one month in advance of the commencement date for the tour. In this event the company will refund the entire of the fees paid by the walkers less any administrative costs incurred by the company to that date, the term “administrative costs” in this context shall include but shall not be limited to, costs incurred in reserving accommodation and transport for the walkers.
- In respect of any tour which includes overnight accommodation, if the Walker/s cancel the tour within one month of the commencement date for the tour, the company will make the following deductions from the fee paid to the company:
30 days to 21 days before the start of tour 20% of the fee paid, in addition to all administrative costs incurred
20 days to 14 days before the start of tour 40% of the fee paid, in addition to all administrative costs incurred
Within 14 days of commencement of tour No refund will be made
Extent of Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions of business, unless otherwise varied in writing by us, set out the basis on which the company will carry out services for you. Unless you are advised in writing by us to the contrary, these Terms and Conditions shall apply to all services provided by the company and shall be deemed to apply to the provisions of all services by the company.
These terms and Conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the Laws of Ireland.